Recently, i have upgraded CUCM from version 7.1.3 to 7.1.5.But now i am not able take 100% cucm backup and backup is completing with 86% or 90 % or different percentage.I can see the error like “tftp error” in backup screen.what could be the problem,Please help me to resolve this issue…
Recently , I had to configure a SIP trunk to operate with Microsoft Exchange as voicemail system but as the integrator of the exchange doesn’t know a lot about his system , he was unable to configure the voicemail boxes with the correct number so it gave me some mistake as Exhange was unable to resolve the called number . So after some searches , I found that we can use the SIP Normalization as in the CUBE but this time directly in the CUCM .
The SIP normalization for SIP trunk on CUCM is based on lua ( an old application language) but even if you have no complex structure , you can easily modify the SIP stack in the inbound and outbound direction.
So you need to read the cisco documentation to master but after an half day you can already play with it to have something.
Lua is really something that you need to try when you need to update a little your sip fields/option and which is really powerful . I will come on later on this post to put a short example.
I ran the issue that I was unable to import any of my tar files created on OSX stations . So after some digging , I found this article of William Bell who gave me the right solution for this problem :
In any case , don’t hesitate to read this good blog 🙂
I came across your blog when doing some research and its totally great. I have been struggling with getting CUVA to work with our deskphones.
To give you a quick background, we are running UCCE version 7.5. Our Desk phones are 7941’s with the latest firmware (9-1-1SR1S). All deskphones are configured as SIP.
Im running Video Advantage verion 2.2 (which supports SIP video) and cannot get the phone to integrate with the video software. CUVA works perfectly fine with a deskphone. One theory I had was the windows firewall was blocking CUVA from speaking with the 7941 but after disabling it, Im still experiencing the issue.
Is there soemthing major that Im missing, which is causing the webcam to no communicate with the phone?
Just as a reminder when you sit in the lab, try to not forget to put the correct Calling number , type and plan and this for all situation so it is true as well for SRST.
So a good vision of the call routing is important
During some test reviews , I have encountered the following issue . I was dealing with one UCCX script which must call agent in different location and I was receiving some beeps before to jump in the default script ‘Sorry we are experiencing ….’ .
It was happening only when agents were logged. After looking more deeply , it was impossible to set up an agent in a ready mode at the remote location , they were in a reserved mode.
After some investiguations, I saw that I have forgotten to remove the location bandwidth restriction to test the AAR functionality . So I was hitting the fact that my ICD applications can’t dial any remote agents due to a lack of bandwidth. Removing this restriction of bandwidth has resolved the issue.
But my question was then to see how we can correct this as AAR was configured on my agent phones and you can also specify AAR group under your CTI configurations.
The result is there even if you have the opportunity to configure AAR under your CTI ports . It will not succeed as it is a limitation of UCCX.
So don’t rely on AAR to save your call center script for remote agents!!!