Yes Definitively , it will be difficult to have dedicated hardware so after more investigations , GNS3 is amazing and can do a bigger part of the job but need again to emulate this on the server so it is taking more resources. Take in mind that you can’t play with DSP so PRI connections and so on.
Think about 5 servers and a router Topology with at least 4 routers ( HQ, Branch 1, Branch 2, PSTN/CME). So it is becoming huge to maintain for hardware resources !!!
Ok It is now time to start slowly on the lab again .
As It seems also clear that I will not have specific dedicated hardware , I will also try to push the discovery of GNS3 as we can already simulate a lot with this tool.
So tonight , I will investigate more in GNS3….
Motivation is still here and I will pass my exam before the end of year . Probably end of October or beginning of November .
This morning, I passed successfully my CCIE Voice written exam … I’m feeling well now and will take some rest before to go ahead very soon with the lab portion.
What a good news …. 🙂
Urgh 🙂 it is the last day before the exam …. Tomorrow at this time , I will be sitting in the exam room.
As usual I’m feeling that I’m missing some points but I’m on the starting blocks to do my final study day.
The best I can do is to continue for tomorrow and all this study is not lost as It will serve for another day if I need but is also very helpful for the OEQ .
tic.tac.tic.tac clock is moving
Here is the list with all the Call Manager services:
- Call Manager : Provides call processing
- TFTP : responsible for building and serving files for devices
- Messaging Interface : used with voice mail systems which use SMDI
- IP Voice Media Streaming Application: provides functionality underlying MOH, conferences, MTP, …
- Telephony Call Dispatcher (TCD) : provides hunting group with Auto-Attendant console
- CTL Provider : works with CTL Client to change security mode from nonsecure to secure
- MOH Audio Translator : it converts audio files for MOH utilisation
- RIS Data Collector : collects and distributes real-time information
- Extension Mobility : login/logout features
- CDR Insert : is responsible for CDR operations
- IPMA : Manager/assistant service
- Extended functions : call-back and QRT service
- Serviceability Reporter : generates reports on logged information
- Webdialer : allows web application to make call control
- CAPF : Issues locally Significant Certificates (LSC)
Here are a list of the different tools that you can use :
- CDR Analysis and Reporting tool (CAR) : is used to generate CDR reports and so on
- DBHelper : is used to fix SQL replication issue
- Dialed Number Analysis (DNA) : is used to analyze your dial plan
- Dick Tracy : is a catalyst troubleshooting tool
- Event viewer : Windows system tool to see application, system and security events
- Perfmon : Windows system tool to see and monitor counters in real-time
- Q931 Translator : it is a tool to decode Q931 messages of the ISDN/H323 stack
- Quality Report Tool (QRT viewer) : it is a reporting tool for quality purposes
- Real-Time Monitoring Tool : is an extended plugin which can view Call Manager Serviceability counters in real-time
- SDI Traces : CCM traces which provide detailed diagnostic information relative to call processing , registration,digit analysis, call flows and all protocols related and so on
- SDL traces : These are traces which are the transition levels between all nodes. It is essentially used by the tac
- SQL Enterprise Manager : it is the SQL console tool